Monday, May 14, 2007

I Made Some Lace.

Branching Out
My first attempt at lace! I think it turned out pretty well, the worst of it is that I made it as a gift, and really just wanted to keep it for myself!
The pattern is from Knitty.com. I used 2 skeins of some sort of wool/acrylic blend from JoAnn's that was on sale. These first two pictures show off the stitch pattern.
This is more true to color, though it was not nearly this bright in person. It was probably a mix of the color of the upper pictures with this one.
I'd definitely make this again, pretty impressive without too much work. Though it is definitely a paying-attention project. I learned the value of knitting with a lifeline quickly, though I only had to rip back once!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

Really beautiful. I started Branching Out, and after one repeat, I sat her down. You make me want to get it back out!!

I'm sure the recipient adores it.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger april said...

i didn't know you had a blog, too! yep, i'm making the socks on 2 circulars. i actually don't mind double points at all, but jason's socks have a lot more stitches than mine usually do, and i kept dropping stitches. so i thought i'd give it a try. i'm impressed with your lace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home