Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hat-o-rama!

So, this blog started as a knitting blog and has been sorely lacking in the knitting content lately. And by lately, I mean the last 3 months. Sorry about that!

I got on a hat kick a while back and then knit a couple more recently, after I finished my Starsky.

First up, I learned how to cable, with this cute little hat. Made it with some Wool-Ease I had lying around. If I can figure out how to line it, I'll give it to my friend Meg.



Next, I decided to learn how to do some stranded knitting with Center Square from Knitty. I'm really proud of this one, although it is too big for anyone with a normal sized head to wear. I think my tension was absolutely whack from the stranding- I held one strand my "normal" way (english) and one strand continental. Using various Paton's Classic Merino Wool I had around the house.


Check out the guts. I'm so proud! My first stranded knitting!

I made a few more hats recently. This one was from a free pattern from Rosi G, that I found on Ravelry, using the softest yarn ever. Misti Alpaca. I want to roll around in a huge pile of that yarn. Not even joking about that. This was a super fast knit and is so cute! I found the buttons at The Studio.

Finally, I made the ubiqutous Unoriginal Hat from the Yarn Harlot's blog with some deliciously soft Harrisville Heathered Wool. This went to my sister in Chicago, because she is the most grateful knit-gift reciever! You hear that, people? If you are grateful, I will knit more things for you!

I just realized I never posted about my Clapotis. I'll do that later this week. Spread out the knitting joy! And of course, I still need to post my Starsky!

Full details of all my projects are on Ravelry (I'm Pan over there). I'm too much of a lazy blogger to drag up all the details right now! And I need to get working on Jerm's huge socks!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger april said...

beautiful! i am so impressed -- i have had two HUGE flops in hat-knitting in the last month, and boy, do I mean HUGE!

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I will be oh-so-grateful if you knit me a hat. Meg will love that blue one!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home