Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lillian Top

I've had several new knitting items to post, but a few are for gifts, so you'll have to wait to see those.
I do have the Lillian Top, which I finished last weekend and wore to work yesterday.



This is a great pattern- easy, looks fabulous and an overall great summer top! The lace isn't hard at all, but looks impressive. I also think it would be easy to add little cap sleeves on for a spring/fall shirt. The straps are still curling a bit, despite the ribbing, so I'm hoping that will relax in the wash. I so didn't block this before I wore it, but since it's acrylic, I figured the knitting police wouldn't come get me.

I used 3 skeins of Berocco Comfort, with just a bit leftover. I freaking love this yarn. It's great yardage for an incredible price, the drape is beautiful, the FO is soft and it's machine washable/dryable. 220 yards for $6? Yes, please!

I have 4 skeins of this left, I think I may use it for a February Lady Sweater.
And I would definitely make this pattern again. It could be a really quick knit, if you don't start it and then have to move halfway across the country and start a new job in the middle of working on it!
Full details on Ravelry.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Kelli and Stan said...

So HOT!!! I'm jealous!!! I just picked up the Juliet again this week, but I have a ways to go.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Erin said...

You should sell your stuff, yo. I would definitely order this shirt from you! Etsy, anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home