Friday, June 13, 2008

NC Ain't So Bad.

For the last few weeks, I've been indulging myself in as many things Carolina as possible, eating some fantastic shrimp, chorizo, and cheese grits, eating at Bojangle's and Cook Out, drinking Cheerwine and Sweet Tea. It's also been hotter than the surface of the sun here recently, thanks to some record highs, which really made me want to drink some Boulevard Wheat.

Unfortunately, I hadn't been able to find anything to replace my favorite locally-distributed beers. Finally, I was able to find a good source of high-quality beers and had my first taste of the renowned Dogfish Head IPA. It was glorious.


I'm learning that as much as I loved all things Kansas City, especially the beer and barbecue, North Carolina at least compensates a little bit with its access to East Coast craft beers like this. I still wouldn't mind some Boulevard, O'Dell's, or New Belgium beers or some OK Joe's, of course. . .

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger linuxgrl said...

Oh how I miss Bojangles!!! I can't count the number of times I've eaten there over the years. Best chicken ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home