Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Taste of Summer!




Yummy! Key Lime Pie-scream Sandwiches! Sorry, is that too Rachael Ray of a title? How about Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches? Anywho, whatever you call them, they are delicious!

I adapted the ice cream recipe a bit from a Cooking Light Recipe, and then decided that key lime and graham cracker go together quite well, so I adapted it into an ice cream sandwich! This literally tastes exactly like key lime pie, and could not be easier. I also thought about putting the ice cream into a graham cracker crust and topping with whipped cream for a key lime ice cream pie. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!


Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches

3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (2/3 cup if using Key Lime juice)
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup skim milk
Pinch of salt
1 can (14 oz) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
Zest of 2 limes

10 graham crackers, broken into halves

Whisk first 5 ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to your machine's directions. Stir in zest at end of freezing cycle. Spoon into a freezer safe bowl and freeze for 45 minutes. Place 10 graham cracker halves onto individual pieces of plastic wrap. Scoop 1/2 to 2/3 cup of ice cream onto each graham cracker and cover with another graham cracker half. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and return to freezer. Freeze for several hours. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - that looks amazing! good to see you putting your summer vacation to good use. thanks for sharing the recipe, I can't wait to try it. it's perfect icecream weather here in KC.

ps. felipe almost broke his back moving my yarn stash - who knew a couple of skeins could be so heavy:)

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM. Also, Pie Scream = HA.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I have to say, these are fabulous! I was browsing blogs from facebook and saw first your adorable kitchen and then this recipe - tried it tonight on some family and they were scrumpdidalyumpsh SP)! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Izzy said...

Years ago when I was a really young kid I lived in Portadown Northern Ireland. We would eat Ice Cream Sliders which look much like yours. It was 2 wafers with ice cream in the middle. The ice cream guy would come around and make it when you ordered it, I guess that way the wafer didn't get soggy. It cost me a thruppenny bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home