Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day with family and friends! We're spending a low-key, low-stress day at home and I cooked my first turkey!

The before:


The after:


It was mighty tasty. Not dry at all and good flavor. I told Jerm he could eat the turkey leg Fair-Style, since I didn't want any of the dark meat. He did not hesitate.

The before:


The after:
(and no, nobody in this house is pregnant. Jerm just ate too much!)

We also had stuffing from scratch, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn and green fluffy salad. We're too full for pie right now, so we'll eat pumpkin pie later tonight!
Everything turned out well and I'm pretty proud of both the turkey and the fact that I didn't get stressed out. Plus, everything was ready at the same time!
We miss our families and wish we could spend time with you today!
And, yes, we went around the table (ok, we both said) to say what we are thankful for!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty nice Thanksgiving to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home