Sunday, June 03, 2007

Look what I made!

That's right, I knit this shirt. For those of you in the knitting know, it's Soleil from Knitty (spring 2005). Pardon the goofy expression. I haven't actually blocked this yet, but I'm wearing it anyway. I hope the knitting police don't come to get me!
Here's a close up of the lace at the bottom of the shirt.
I knit this over Spring Break and then sort of forgot about it. I tried it on once at knitting group and felt fat, so I stuffed it in a bag. But I pulled it out again this morning and decided to give it a go. It's a little shorter than I would like, but I have issues with wearing my shirts too long, so there you go. I also left the shoulder straps plain, without any crochet edging. I sort of like the way they curl, and I think the narrower strap is more flattering. I may add something later, we'll see.
The yarn I used was Classic Elite Premiere, in some numbered colorway. I could go look on the ball band, but I'm lazy. It took around 4.5 skeins, I think I have 1.5 skeins left over, what should I do with them? I love this yarn. It's a cotton/tencel blend and is incredibly soft with a very nice drape. I would definitely use this again, it's perfect for a summer top!

5 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Batty said...

It looks great on you! If you'd like it a little longer, blocking might do the trick, just stretch it a bit more length-wise. But really, I think it fits you perfectly already.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great, such a pretty color.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger april said...

Cute! Somehow I've avoided blocking altogether... I wouldn't know what I was doing. I guess it's okay since all I usually make are socks, hats, & scarves!

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it a lot, and i think the length is perfect on you. good job!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home