Saturday, September 08, 2007

It Don't Mean A Thing, If you Ain't got that Wing

I know, lame headline. Anyway, Pan bought me a package of chicken wings, so I figured I would grill them up while she was at the KU game tonight, since she's not a big fan of bone-in chicken.

For the rub, I accidentally used a coffee rub that I had previously used on some steaks, then I basically threw the wings on the grill for about 4 minutes on each side, then basted them with a sweet chipotle sauce (store-bought) for another minute or so on each side. I was a little skeptical of the quality of the outcome. I shouldn't have been. These may have been the best wings I've ever eaten. My only regret is that I didn't make some sort of cream sauce (like a blue cheese dip) to balance out some of the heat. I enjoy some hot wings, but it was starting to get to me after about the 3rd or so wing. They were still awfully delicious, though.


Pre-grill, obviously. They were rubbed generously with the coffee rub.


This was after they had been on the fire, just after I applied the first coat of basting.


Mmmm. . . post-basting and ready for eatin'.



The aftermath. And this is what I about looked like after eating all the wings.


Overall, this experience just made me realize how I should be grilling chicken more often, and especially chicken wings, for appetizer purposes. They are incredibly easy to prepare and only take about 10 minutes of grilling, and the ease of eating them and their full flavor make the whole process easily worth it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home