Saturday, April 05, 2008

Everlasting Bagstopper

I knit this cute little bag from Knitty




It's the Everlasting Bagstopper
Yarn: Plymouth Fantasy Naturale, 2 skeins
Started: March 16
Completed: March 27
Needles: Knitpicks 5 and 10.5. I would use 6's next time for the bottom, because the 5's were excruciating to knit with.
It'll be great to take to Farmer's Market this summer. It is super stretchy and will hold a ton of stuff. I should cram it full of stuff and take a picture, but that is a 2 person job and Jerm is at work right now.

I couldn't find any wide ribbon that I liked, so after a failed attempt at fabric straps (the fabric was fraying horribly) I decided to go with two pieces of narrow ribbon.

I will probably make another one of these, I have 2 more skeins of this yarn and some other navy blue cotton. It's a super easy pattern and worked up pretty quickly.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Lauren E.J. said...

How much weight do you think you can cram into the bag before the handles come off? We always come home from the grocery store with about 28 plastic bags...and I could ask for one of these for my b-day...but if the handles'll just fall off, I'd be sad.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jolynn said...

Very cute!

^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home