Friday, July 06, 2007

Jerm and Pan Do the KC Zoo, Part II

As promised, there will be a bunch of kangaroo action in this post. I wish I had some good pictures of the awesome koalas, black-footed cats that looked like Gizmo, or some of the cool monkeys that we saw, but none of the pictures really turned out.

This was the field that the kangaroos normally play in, apparently.

Regular old kangaroo pic.

I think this is my favorite picture, as it shows the kangaroos laying in the shade, avoiding the heat. They also look really lazy here. I wanted to box them, but they seemed too tired.

More kangaroos.


It may be difficult to see, but there is a baby joey, messing around with its mother. I think Pan wanted to take him home with us. I do think Gizmo would have liked him too.

This is a really bad picture of the big fountain at the Plaza, taken from our car window on our way back from the zoo. I probably wouldn't have taken it, and it probably doesn't really belong in this post, but I think this is the only picture I have of the fountain, it's on a clear day, and it gives a nice perspective of the Plaza area, so I'll put it on here, anyway.

I took this picture with my Go-Go-Gadget arms at the zoo, at the very end of our tour around the zoo. The KC Zoo requires lots of walking, especially in the Africa region, and it was pretty hot, so it's a wonder we didn't look far grosser than we did. Overall, it was a pretty good day. . . then we napped.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home