Monday, October 08, 2007

When the Stars Make you Drool like a Pasta Fazool. . .

That's amore. Or so says Dean Martin. Pasta fazool is an old favorite of Pan's that she hadn't eaten in years and I had never eaten it, so we decided it was about time to give it a try. It ended up being perfect timing, since we had it tonight, which turned out to be a chilly night here in KC.

Pan made it, so I don't know all the specifics, but I think the fazool contained pancetta, celery, tomatoes, cannellini beans, garlic, and chicken broth, among other things, I'm sure. The pasta (small shells) was then added after the broth was brought to a boil and we topped it with parmesan, right before eating.





I was really pleased with my initial fazool experience and we'll probably have to put it in our cold-weather dinner rotation, since it was pretty easy to make.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home